Contracts, Business and Finance
Conkle, Kremer & Engel has helped clients improve their contracts and strengthen their rights to arbitrate or litigate in their own territory, rather than become mired in proceedings elsewhere. Our trial lawyers have obtained multi-million dollar judgments and injunctions in business disputes. We have successfully resolved contract, fraud, secured transaction, purchase and sale, real property, racketeering, securities, corporate, partnership, employment and professional liability claims.
Conkle, Kremer & Engel’s recent matters in contracts, business and finance fields include:
- Inducing arbitration and resolving a claim by a hair care products marketer that its contract manufacturer had defrauded the marketer by including unauthorized, non-organic chemical components in its hair care products. CK&E’s client, the contract manufacturer, was then fully compensated for its legal fees and settlement expense in a subsequent bad faith action against its insurers for failing to defend the contract manufacturer.
- Avoiding an arbitration agreement and resolving claims of non-payment versus breach of commercial warranties between a major machine tool manufacturer against its distributor.
- Resolving for less than 4% a claim by Bank of America against a loan guarantor for defaults on debt amounting to several hundred thousand of dollars.
- Preventing a hostile takeover of a bottled water manufacturer by obtaining a court injunction.
- Blocking, through successful emergency appeal, a multi-million dollar sale of commercial property in Imperial County, California , to the largest retailer in the U.S., while regaining the partnership interest of a defrauded investor.