Contact Amanda Washton
Conkle, Kremer & Engel, PLC
3130 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 500
Santa Monica, California
Amanda has extensive experience in handling intellectual property prosecution and litigation, residential and commercial real estate litigation; and human resources and regulatory compliance counseling. Her practice has focused on intellectual property disputes involving copyright, trademark, and trade secret protection, as well as general business and contractual matters. Her litigation experience is in both state and federal court.
Amanda also provides guidance to clients on employment matters, as well as regulatory and statutory compliance with consumer protection statutes, advertising laws and state regulations including Proposition 65, and federal regulations including FTC and FDA.
Experience, Presentations and Publications
- Acted as outside General Counsel for California-based manufacturer and international distributor of cosmetics.
- Successfully pursued summary judgment in quiet title and prescriptive easement action.
- Conducted large-scale action for plaintiffs asserting real estate investment fraud, breach of fiduciary duties and breach of contract against real estate professional.
- Conducted extensive arbitration proceeding of labor code violation claims and claims of breach of fiduciary duties by a minority corporate shareholder, officer and director.
- Successfully defended large-scale federal action involving claims of unfair competition, false advertising, and trademark infringement.
- Successfully resolved threatened class action against a Texas cosmetic company under the UCL and CLRA.
- Counseled corporate clients on FDA, California Health and Safety Code, and CLRA compliance.
- Counseled numerous companies on potential employment matters and trademark disputes.
- “Employment Arbitration Agreements,” MCLE, May 2012
- “Federal E-Discovery Rules and Compliance,” MCLE, 2010
University of Southern California Law School. J.D., 2003
- Hale Honors Moot Court
University of California, San Diego, B.A. (History), 2000
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of California, 2003
- All Federal Courts in California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals