Contact Evan Pitchford
Conkle, Kremer & Engel, PLC
3130 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 500
Santa Monica, California
Evan Pitchford has extensive experience in all phases of litigation, from pleading, discovery, and pretrial motions to summary judgment practice, trial, and appeal in state and federal courts. His primary areas of practice are general civil and corporate litigation, intellectual property and entertainment-related matters, commercial and residential real estate disputes, land use litigation, and employment law. In recognition of his outstanding work in these practice areas and others, Evan was named a “Rising Star” in 2010 by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Experience, Presentations and Publications
- Achieved summary judgment ruling on behalf of plumbing materials importer and distributor, defeating sales representative’s claim to qualify as a “wholesale sales representative” under California’s specialized Independent Wholesale Sales Representatives Contractual Relations Act (Calif. Civil Code Sec. 1738.10).
- Prevailed on motion for summary judgment regarding online retailer’s sale of trademark-infringing hair care products, and defeated retailer’s cross-motion for summary judgment, which sought to preclude a finding of willful infringement.. See Moroccanoil, Inc. v. Groupon, Inc., — F. Supp. 3d —, 2017 WL 4574513 (C.D. Cal. 2017).
- Represented market-leading hair and body care product manufacturer and distributor in trademark and trade dress infringement action and obtained a preliminary injunction against infringing competitor’s knock-off products, resulting in swift favorable settlement. See Moroccanoil, Inc. v. Zotos Int’l, Inc., 230 F. Supp. 3d 1161 (C.D. Cal. 2017).
- Obtained order for forensic inspection of opponent’s computer network and secured over-$700,000 in sanctions for forgery and manipulation of emails and electronically stored information.
- Team member in multi-state litigation that successfully defended against claim to 50% partnership interest in multi-national corporation.
- Defended manufacturer of recreational water slides against claim of trademark infringement and unfair competition by competing manufacturer.
- Represented national hospital tenant in commercial landlord-tenant litigation over repair and maintenance responsibility in fifteen-year medical facility lease.
- Represented major national truck rental company in complex land use litigation in federal and state courts, including appellate and writ proceedings.
- Defended landlord in racial discrimination in housing action, including summary judgment motion.
- Represented plaintiff in litigation of breach of contract claims concerning distribution and marketing of reality television show.
- Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, JD, 2007
- President, Entertainment Law Association, UCLA School of Law
- University of California at Berkeley, BA Philosophy & Rhetoric, 2004
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of California, 2008
- All Federal Courts in California