Contact Heather Laird
Conkle, Kremer & Engel, PLC
3130 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 500
Santa Monica, California
Heather Laird’s practice areas include entertainment law and business litigation, including right of publicity, breach of contract, interference with economic relations, breach of fiduciary duty, and copyright infringement, among others.
At Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, Heather was a Production Editor of the Loyola Entertainment Law Review. During law school, Heather served at the Center for Conflict Resolution, where she assisted with mediations. She also assisted with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s (N.I.T.A.) deposition training program, and tutored law students in torts.
Experience, Presentations and Publications
- Represented beneficiaries of multi-million dollar life insurance policies in declaratory relief action brought by creditors and bank claiming that the life insurance policies had lapsed.
- Prepared and participated in arbitration of breach of contract and fraud claims on behalf of a social media company against a website creator resulting in a favorable arbitration award against the website creator and an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented co-creators of highly successful television program seeking contingent payments owed to them from major production company.
- Represented several plaintiffs in cases asserting misappropriation of their rights of publicity and obtained favorable settlements in mediations.
- Obtained favorable settlement from Los Angeles County for invasion of privacy based on a nurse’s dissemination of a photograph of a patient in a County hospital.
- Successfully represented a musician from a world-famous band in a wrongful termination suit against the band.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 2013
- Production Editor, Loyola Law School Entertainment Law Review
- Tort Law Tutor, Loyola Law School
- Representative, Loyola Law School Entertainment and Sports Law Society
- Volunteer, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Los Angeles
- Volunteer, The Center for Conflict Resolution, Los Angeles
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. (Art History), 2008
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California