Conkle, Kremer & Engel attorney John A. Conkle was the featured speaker at a special presentation given on February 11, 2014 in New York, New York to business executives and lawyers.
The presentation, entitled “Are Your Products California-Bound? Dealing With California’s Unique Regulatory Schemes,” provided valuable information about and insight into such California regulatory laws and initiatives as:
- Proposition 65 (California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986)
- California Safe Cosmetics Act
- California Green Chemistry Initiative (the Safer Consumer Products Regulations)
- California Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Regulations
- California Organic Products Act (COPA)
- California Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA)
California’s vast and ever-changing regulations pose a challenge for businesses no matter where they may be located. Any business manufacturing, distributing or selling products into California needs to comply with California’s regulatory schemes to stay out of difficulty with the California Attorney General, regulatory agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), bounty hunters, putative class action plaintiffs and even competitors.
CK&E was honored to team with the New York-based law firm Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman, P.C., which specializes in intellectual property, to provide this presentation. CK&E has worked with the Gottlieb firm for nearly 25 years on matters of common interest to our clients. CK&E’s active regulatory compliance practice has helped clients in numerous industries – including such diverse areas as personal care products, alcoholic beverages, construction and recreational equipment.